Texas Birth Injury Attorney
When you seek medical help, you place your health and your life in the hands of doctors and nurses. Despite extensive education and training, working long hours and seeing numerous patients in a short time can lead healthcare professionals to make errors in judgment. Medical errors take on many forms and frequently result in a misdiagnosis or a failure to diagnose and lead to death or serious injury.
Trusted Legal Counsel
Located in Houston, Texas, the Talaska Law Firm represents clients in serious personal injury and wrongful death claims. While we handle all types of misdiagnosis claims or injury claims based on a failure to diagnose, our cases predominately involve representing parents in liability claims for injury to a child during or after the birth.
Examples of Failure to Diagnose Related to Birth
Throughout pregnancy and during the birth of a child, doctors, nurses and medical professionals who care for the mother must be constantly vigilant for signs of fetal distress or other problems that may adversely affect mother and child such as:
- Failure to diagnose placental abruption
- Failure to diagnose complications of umbilical cord compression
- Failure to diagnose fetal distress
- Failure to diagnose placental previa
- Failure to diagnose fetopelvic disproportion
- Misdiagnosis of prenatal tests including non-stress tests and biophysical profiles
- Failure to timely diagnose neonatal hypoglycemia or low blood sugar
- Failure to properly diagnose and manage hydrocephalus and intraventricular hemorrhage
- Failure to timely diagnose meningitis
- Failure to diagnose gestational diabetes
- Failure to diagnose and treat high blood pressure, toxemia, and pre-eclampsia during pregnancy
Protecting Your Legal Rights
The Talaska law firm has developed the expertise, resources and knowledge to litigate birth injury cases, no matter how complex. When your child has been injured permanently due to a doctor’s failure to diagnose or other medical negligence, our attorneys understand the emotional and financial hardships your family is experiencing.
Over the past few decades, Robert Talaska, Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law and his team of experienced medical malpractice attorneys have built a notable track record in obtaining substantial verdicts, settlements and awards on behalf of our clients.