The Talaska Law Firm, located in Houston focuses its practice exclusively on birth injury law. Throughout Texas and nationwide, parents whose children have died or were seriously injured through medical malpractice turn to the Talaska Law firm for legal expertise to pursue justice on their behalf. We do not represent insurance companies, HMOs, doctors, hospitals, or other healthcare providers.
For parents and their families, the birth of a child is a joyful occasion. Unfortunately, the happy event can turn to heartbreak, when a newborn is seriously injured through medical negligence.
Most babies are born without complications yet pregnancy, labor and delivery are not without risk. Doctors and nurses must be prepared to deal with a variety of unexpected difficulties, which may stem from the mother’s health, premature birth, prolonged labor and a breech birth to adverse effects of prescription drugs on the mother or baby.
Our Birth Injury Practice
We handle all types of birth injury or birth trauma litigation, including:
- cerebral palsy, an impairment of motor functions that affects muscle control, which can be caused by lack of oxygen at critical stages of delivery
- brachial plexus injury or palsy, caused by trauma to the nerves on either side of the neck and shoulder, resulting in impaired function in the arms, hands or wrists. This often results from shoulder dystocia, where the baby’s shoulders must be moved to travel through the birth canal
- severe swelling or bruising of a baby’s head, known as caput succedaneum
- bleeding in the baby’s cranial region, known as cephalohematoma, often caused by forceps-related injury
- forceps lacerations or bruising
- facial paralysis
Birth injury cases customarily require a substantial investment of time and money to be successful and often depend on expert testimony regarding the cause and extent of the injury. At the Talaska Law Firm, we have built a strong network of highly qualified and regarded medical experts, who help us bring credibility to your claims and provide clear evidence of the cause of your child’s injury, as well as its short-term and long-term financial costs. We will take the time to thoroughly prepare your case from the beginning, so that, whenever possible, we can negotiate a settlement that meets your needs, and avoid a long and painful trial.
Contact the Talaska Law Firm
For a free evaluation of your claim, contact our office or call us at 713-869-1240 (toll-free at 888-791-5191).
At the Talaska Law Firm in Houston, we represent individuals throughout Texas and nationwide.
Arrange a Free Consultation
Take advantage of our free consultation to discuss the prospects of pursuing a medical malpractice lawsuit. All cases are taken on a contingency basis, which means that you owe us nothing unless we recover on your behalf. Call (713) 869-1240 or toll free at (888) 791-5191, or contact us online to arrange an appointment today.